On Friday, June 18th 2021 Terry “Jamal” Allen Harris passed away unexpectedly at home.
Terry was born on May 29, 1965 to Stella Mae and John Henry Harris in Merced, CA. He married Melissa Anne Crocheron and they had one son together, later divorced.
Terry valued education, he was the first man to be accepted to Mississippi University for Women, he graduated with a B.S. in Social Sciences. Later in life he pursued a Ph.D. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology. Terry was also a professor at Salt Lake Community College for approximately 10 years. Terry relocated to Utah to be closer to his father who was suffering from cancer. When he came to Utah he met many lifelong friends from his employment at BARD Access Systems.
Above all, Terry longed to be a father, he was so excited when his son was born. Donovan became his world. Terry was very protective of his son, he only wanted the best for him and to see him happy. If his son was happy then he was happy and that was the thing that mattered most to him.
Terry is survived by his only son, Donovan Harris; cousin Donald (Theresa) Cox, brothers Johnny Harris, Kenny Harris and sisters Valerie Harris, Michelle (Cliffton) McWilliams along with many nieces and nephews.
He is preceded in death by his daughter Breann Terry Harris, mother Stella Mae Harris (Morant) and father John Henry Harris.
Funeral Services will be held at 11 a.m. on July 31st at the Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints located at 107 N. G Street Salt Lake City, Utah 84103 at 11 a.m. Visitors may arrive 30 minutes prior. For those who are unable to attend the services, there will be Zoom live stream of the services. Please see the following instructions on how to view funeral services on Zoom.
• Go to zoom.us in any internet browser
• Click “Join Meeting”
• Enter the meeting ID – 843 8967 9306 Passcode: 089586
• A box will open saying “https://zoom.us wants to open this application”. Click “Open Zoom”
• Click “Join with Computer Audio”
• Click “Mute” in the bottom left hand corner so that your audio does not interrupt the funeral service
Joining by phone or iPad
• Download the Zoom app
• Open the app and select “Join a Meeting”
• Enter the meeting ID –
• Select “Join without Audio”
• Select “Call using Internet Audio”
• Select “Mute” in the bottom left hand corner so that your audio does not interrupt the funeral service
- Survived By
- Donovan Harris, Son
- Johnny Harris, Brother
- Kenny Harris, Brother
- Michelle (Harris) McWilliams, Sister
- Valerie Harris, Sister
- Donald (Theresa) Cox, Cousin
- Preceded in Death By
- Breann Terry Harris, Daughter
- Stella Mae Harris, Mother
- John Henry Harris, Father
Life Story Info
- Salt Lake Community College
- State of Utah/Vocational Rehabilitation